My name is Mariah.
I'm twenty years old. I'm a tiny American; I look like a twelve year old little girl rather than the young woman whose inner-workings go far beyond my physical years that I truly am. I'm a balls-to-the-wall music fanatic in the sense that music has a way of calming me, uplifting me, bringing me far below the undertow when I need to mourn my blues, giving me laughter, a sense of time and place for sweet or even bitter memories; a release. I'm a proud Potterhead of thirteen years. I am forever indebted to JK Rowling for presenting me the most perfect escape during the more horrific years of my childhood. If not a consistent visitor on Tumblr, I'd say I'm loyal to my blog because it is an expressive outlet; I reblog for myself and for what leaps out and grasps ahold of my attention, not for the numbers attached to the post, nor for followers. With that being said I am very much so vulgar and nakedly honest. I'm truly a different breed of female. Follow at your own discretion.
1. Make sure you own a nice bed.
2. Sleep in it frequently.
3. Remember how nice it feels to flip over your pillow to the cooler side.
4. Check your pulse and hum along to the rhythm because it is music.
5. Write clear and make a lot of spelling errors. Get the poison out and don’t worry about it being neat.
6. If you can, do not shut people out. You will have good days and they should see them.
7. If you feel overwhelmed, go outside and scream. Find a nice empty park in the middle of the night and scream as loud as you can until your throat is bleeding. The world wants to hear you.
8. Let yourself fall in love. Believe it or not, there are people out there who want your blacks and blues.
9. Keep waking up.
10. Keep waking up.
11. Keep waking up. Maybe with someone next to you.
— tips on how to keep going
These are merely numbers thrown together in a sequence, but to me they are why I am here today and why I'll never stop fighting